Friday, April 4, 2014

To The Baby I Lost, Coping With Miscarriage


I wrote this letter to my baby after a miscarriage at 3 months. I read this to him at a ceremony we had in our backyard. My husband read his own letter, then we burned them and released our love into the universe. Writing and reading this, and celebrating his short life, helped us move forward. While I still feel some sadness at his passing, letting myself mourn with my husband made it bearable. If you haven't allowed yourself to mourn, please do so, so your heart can heal too.  Love Dr. G

To My Baby,  My Second Child.
You were here, in your physical body, for such a short time, before your heart stopped beating and you left me.
I cannot describe the pain I feel, never to be able to see your face ,
kiss your nose,
feel you nurse
and watch you sleep in my arms.
Yet I was not meant to know these things. You were not meant for the physical world.

I saw you, I heard you, and I felt you in my womb. We were together and bonded.
We always will be.
Your beautiful spirit is strong and vibrant.
It was not meant to be bound in your little body.
It was meant to be free.

I do not know if there are souls or whether you still know me or even yourself.
I do know that your spirit is energy, and energy cannot be created or destroyed, only dispersed into the universe from which it came.

You are free now.
I am so glad I knew you and cradled you for your brief time as a living being.
I am honored I was the one who got to feel your beautiful spirit.
I will always remember you. I will always love you, I will always miss you.
I can only make peace knowing you are where you are meant to be.
You were meant to be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment